Care with a smile. Care for a smile.
- • Filling is needed when teeth have caries (black discoloration) and cavities.
- • These typically occur due to insufficient care of teeth. Common symptoms noticed are food stuck in teeth, sensitivity, discoloration and bad breath.
- • The tooth is first cleaned, and made ready for the filling material.
- • ¢ While various kinds of fillings like silver, gold, and other materials have been used previously, they are not used or recommended for most cases now. Tooth colored filling are used, and have many advantages including being un-noticable.
- • You will be asked to avoid hard food for half a day, but you can resume regular routine immediately.
• A filling is usually completed in a single sitting.