Care with a smile. Care for a smile.
- Our mouth is full of bacteria. These bacteria along with saliva and other particles constantly form a sticky, colourless "plaque" on teeth.Bad oral hygiene habits will cause the plaque to harden (calculus), and the gums to weaken.
- Symptoms of gum diseases are red/swollen gums, bleeding during brushing, loose teeth, and bad breath.
- It is best to get treatment IMMEDIATELY, as gum diseases caught early can be treated quickly, and will stop more serious issues.
- • In cases where gum-line has receded deep to the bone, a simple procedure called flap-surgery is performed, which cleans the bone, and places a graft to cover the exposed surface. This is done in 2 sittings.
• Teeth and gums are cleaned in 1-2 sittings in a process called scaling. The calculus is cleaned, any rough surfaces are polished.