Care with a smile. Care for a smile.
- An implant is recommended once a structurally important tooth is extracted, or has decayed to a stage where root-canal treatment is unable to save it. Implants are stronger than simple dentures.
- In an implant, a screw like metal structure is placed in the jaw bone, followed by an abutment, and finally a crown. The implant looks no different from a real tooth.
- â€˘ In the first sitting, a hole is drilled, and the implant screw placed.
- â€˘ A few months later, once the healing has occured, the abutment and support is placed over the implant.
- â€˘ A tooth impression is made, and a crown is fabricated.
- â€˘ Finally, the crown is placed onto the implant base.
â€˘ The complete implant procedure can is 3-4 sittings over 3-6 months.