Root Canal Treatment
Care with a smile. Care for a smile.
- Root Canal Treatment (RCT) is needed when a tooth has decayed to it's roots.
- When this happens, the damage reaches the nerves, and causes pain, sensitivity, swelling and pus formation. RCT treatment is needed at this stage to stop the pain, and save the tooth.
- • The tooth is then cleared using special files, and all infected and inflamed pulp is removed.
- • The open cavity is now cleaned, and filled with a special dental material which seals it fully.
- • Finally, the tooth is covered with a crown, to save the structure of the tooth.
• First, local-anasthesia.is given to numb the area around the tooth.