Dental Filling is a treatment modality to restore missing tooth structure which could have been a result of decay or trauma. Decay makes tooth hollow. Dental Filling helps to fill this gap and protect it from further decay. A filling is also used to repair broken or cracked tooth and the teeth which wear off due to dental habits like teeth grinding, nail biting etc.
When Does One Need Dental Filling?
- A hole in your tooth
- Dark spots on the tooth
- Food stuck between certain areas of the teeth
- Chipped or broken tooth
- Sensitivity to hot and cold food and beverage
- Single or multiple cavities
What Is The Procedure Of Dental Filling?
Dental Filling is normally required if your tooth is decayed. It can prevent further damage and can protect your tooth.
- The very first step in this process is to see how severe the infected tooth is. This is because Dental Filling is only suitable for minor fractures and decay
- The dentist then examines the tooth and if required an X-ray would be done for precise information
- Depending upon the extent of decay, local anesthesia is administered to make the area around the infected tooth numb
- Then the decayed or damaged tooth or the areas around it is prepared for restoration
- If the tooth is damaged, then a dental handpiece or a laser can be used to remove the damaged part
- A filling is then applied to the area to fill the cavity. The type of filling will depend upon case to case and person to person
Finally, the finished tooth can be polished to conclude the dental filling procedure
Please Free To Contact Us For Emergency Case.