Gum Disease also known as Periodontal Disease begins with bacterial growth in the mouth, the localized inflammation of the gingiva is initiated by bacteria in the dental plaque, which is a microbial biofilm that forms on the teeth and gingiva. Nearly 70% of the people are affected by this disease at some point in their life. Though such a prevalent disease most people are unaware of the issue and the problems it can cause.
Causes Of Gum Disease
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Hormonal changes such as puberty, menstruation, menopause, pregnancy etc. can make your gums sensitive and as a result prone to gum diseases.
- Certain illness such as cancer and HIV make your immune system weak are at higher risk of developing gum disease. Also, people who are diabetic are more prone to get Gum Disease.
- Genetic susceptibility such as family history can contribute to gingivitis
Symptoms Of Gum Diseases
- Pulling of gums away from the teeth
- Teeth loosening
- Change in the way your teeth fit
- together when you bite (malocclusion)
- Pus between teeth and gums
- Pain while chewing
- Teeth sensitivity
- Tender, red or swollen gums
- Ill-fitting partial dentures
- Foul breath that doesn’t go away even after brushing
- Deep space formation between gums and teeth
Please Free To Contact Us For Emergency Case.